Brookline, MA: solo concert and klezmer jam afterwards with Michael Alpert this Sat. night

The list may receive this msg. once from me and once from Ben Pasamanick - if so, our apologies (but it's worth receiving twice)!

-------

Michael Alpert - who you probably know as a member of the "supergroup" Brave Old World, or as a founding member of Kapelye - will be the honored first artist in the Brookline, Massachusetts' Workmen Circle's new coffee house on Saturday night, April 27 at 8:00.

Alpert is an extraordinary singer, multi-instrumentalist (fiddle, accordion, poyk) and dancer well-versed in Eastern European Jewish culture and language. A warm personality, he is a great performer, and a wonderful teacher. The evening will, we promise, be an unforgetable one.

A bonus of the concert is that there will be a jam with Alpert after his performance - so bring your instrument if you play!

The room is a small, intimate space, so we strongly suggest that you buy tickets in advance - made payable to "The Workmen's Circle 1762 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02445" - before April 24. Cost is $10 per ticket in advance, $12 at the door - if any remain.

The Workmen's Circle is conveniently located between Washington Square and Cleveland Circle on the "C" branch of the Green Line and parking is available on the street.

For more information call 617-566-6281 or email wcircle (at) gis(dot)net(dot)

Dena Ressler
vos trogt an arbeter ring hitl (Wearing a Workmen's Circle hat)

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->