Re: Klezmer network in LA

Well, first and foremost, Gustavo should log onto the Yiddishkayt Los Angeles
site, www.yiddishkaytla.org, and sign-up for our newsletter, which lists all
activities Yiddish (and some klezmer) -at least that we know about - in LA.
The best place to start to meet others who are interested in klezmer/Yiddish
music in the LA area is at the monthly hulyanke (sing-along) sponsored by the
Sholem Community, which meets the 3rd Thursday of every month in the Valley.
The Yiddishkayt newsletter will provide the info.  I'm aware of at least 3
young musicians interested in klezmer who sometimes come to the hulyanke (one
of them hosts it).

He will certainly find people interested in klezmer at the bi-annual
Yiddishkayt! Festival, this year from October 6-13.

There is also going to be a klezmer concert this summer at the Gene Autry
Museum (don't ya love it?! LA is such a goofy place).  We (YiddishkaytLA) may
also spnsor a Yiddish/klezmer dance evening this summer.

The Knitting Factory gave up its klezmer brunch.  Not enough attendance (they
didn't do a good job of promotion).

He missed the Klezmatics at Brandeis-Bardine for a week-end of workshops,
concerts, etc. a few weeks ago.

Shira Lerner
Co-Chair, Yiddishkayt LA

At 12:04 AM 3/31/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I haven't foud anybody in the Los Angeles Area to start my network of
>> music

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->