Time of Development of Klezmer Music

    I am a little (half a month or so) back on my reading of the list and I
saw the question from Tuna Pase about the title 'From the beginning to today
klezmer music.' The first question that the writer needs to ask themselves
first is what is the definition of "klezmer music?" Where and when are we
saying it started and where and what is it currently. Here is the American
Perspective that Walter Zev Feldman has presented (I saw it last year at
KlezKanada a full citation is available), here is my adaptation of it.
    Warning the overlaps are great. Any dates that I would put on this list
would for the most part be completely arbitrary.  This is more of an academic
exercise than a practical one.
    1. Pre-recorded (sound) Europe
    2. European Recordings
    3. European Born in America
    4. American Born
    5. Revival
    6. Renaissance

    If people are interested in having discussions on this, I am willing. The
question is this a good use of our time.

Matt Temkin