Klezical Tradition: 2 New England concerts

Just a reminder that The Klezical Tradition will be performing two concerts
during the Peysakh holiday season. New Haven CT on March 24 (tickets purchase
at the door) and Brookline MA on March 29. Included in the programs will be a
two Peysakh tunes from Moishe Oysher's repertoire as well as a wonderful
mixture of great upbeat dance tunes for the audience to stretch their legs.
Along with core musicians Fraidy Katz, vocals, Adrianne Greenbaum, piano,
flute and tsimbl, Cookie Segelstein on violin, and Walter Mamlok on clarinet,
we will have Brian Bender joining us on trombone and Jim Andrews on bass.
We'd love to see you at one of these two concerts:

March 24 at 7:00pm
New Haven, CT
Whitney Arts Center
591 Whitney Ave.
Tickets are $10. No reserved seating and children 5 and under free admission.
Limited seating; first come first served; 150 capacity.
Directions:
I-91 to exit 3, Trumbull St.
Go straight, to Whitney Ave.
Turn right onto Whitney.

March 29 (Good Friday)
Join us for Friday night services and then a concert at:
Temple Sinai
Brookline, MA
The evening begins at 7:30pm
Admission: FREE

Directions:
Exit the Mass. Pike at Exit 18, Allston-Cambridge (left-hand exit).
After the toll booths, take the left fork for Allston (westbound on Cambridge
Street).
Pass a Merit gasoline station on the right and drive over a large overpass
over the Massachusetts Turnpike.
At the bottom of the overpass, at the traffic light, turn left onto Harvard St
reet.
Continue on Harvard Street to Brookline, crossing the trolley tracks on
Commonwealth Avenue and Beacon Street.
Turn left at the first (short) block after Beacon Street onto Longwood Avenue.
Turn left at the first (short) block onto Sewall Avenue.
Temple Sinai is one block ahead on the left, at the corner of Sewall Avenue
and Charles Street.

A few reviews and comments:

"The Klezical Tradition's music for our concert series was by far - and
continues to be every year - the best entertainment for our audiences. We
must provide concerts that reach a wide range of ages and cultures and,
evidenced by the largest crowd we’ve ever had (over two thousand!), you are
providing just that." Levitt Pavilion series.

"How energetic and raw spirited you all are, yet so musically polished! Your
concert was fabulous and we hope you’ll be part of our series again next
year. The audience response demands it!”
Jewish Federation, Waterbury, CT

*Top 10 Klezmer CD’s of 1999, Moment Magazine
*Best Albums of 1999, NY Jewish Week
*Top 20 bands for “essential klezmer library,” Essential Klezmer, Rogovoy
*ABC Documentary film feature: “A Sacred Noise: The New Jewish Music”

"An unalloyed delight, from the old family photos in the booklet to the
lively interpretations of old chestnuts like "Russian Sher" and "Die Goldene
Khasene." Difficult to single out any one contribution on a record as good as
this, but Adrianne Greenbaum's rollicking piccolo is a pungent and unexpected
reminder of how many of the old klezmorim learned their trade in East
European military bands. A set that managed to be traditional and fresh at
the same time." Rating:5 stars George Robinson, NY Jewish Week

"An effortless authenticity pervades the debut recording of this New England
based acoustic quartet, which takes listeners on a spirited, witty journey
through New World Yiddishkeit, including early 20th century instrumental
music and Yiddish theater songs. Vocalist Fraidy Katz sounds like she just
walked off a Second Avenue stage." Seth Rogovoy

"Presenting klezmer music in its rich, traditional old-world style is The
Klezical Tradition's "Family Portrait," a disc packed with dance tunes and
poignant Yiddish songs and reminiscences that recreate Jewish life in the
shtetls and cities of Europe." Gideon Aranoff, Forward

"A fresh and innovative approach to our eastern European musical heritage -
and a family connection that adds just the right touch of heymishkeit!"
Hankus Netsky, Director, Klezmer Conservatory Band