Re: A klez virus--Klez.E Worm Is For Real

Dear Members,

In a message dated 3/6/02 10:01:44 AM, MaxwellSt (at) aol(dot)com writes:

>This is NOT a hoax!

As soon as I saw this, I immediately became suspicious, as I immediately
assume that it is a hoax. I checked the two common Urban Legends sites and
did a "Klez.E" search on both and came up with nothing, so it is new. So I
did a Google search on "Klez.E Virus or Worm" and I'm sorry to say, it is for
real.

Here is the Symantec site (one of the top anti-virus software makers) with
more detail than you would ever need including how to rid yourself of it:
>http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/w32(dot)klez(dot)e
>(at) mm(dot)html
<

It affects Windows users only (as a Macophile, I breathe a sigh of relief)
and only users of Microsoft's (why am I not surprised) Outlook and Outlook
Express.

Please take precautions.

Best wishes,
Steve