Dutch Cantorial Music/Prewar Media

I am happy to announce that I reproduced the
following new collections on my website:

                               Chazzanut Online

  Heymann's Psalms for Men's Choir Online

     Isaac Heymann (1829-1906) was arguably the most important of all
     Dutch chazzanim. Unfortunately, although he left behind a complete
     oevre in a manuscript ready-to-print, only four of his psalms for
     men's choir were printed. He proudly published these psalms with a
     dedication to Queen Wilhelmina in gold script. The booklet contains
     enthusiastic reviews by some of the leading Dutch musicians of that
     time, after whom by now streets in Amsterdam are named.

  Dutch Nusach Collections

     A number of chazzanim endeavoured to transcribe the traditional
     Dutch synagogue tunes. Two of those collections were printed. The
     first collection (1861) consists of the traditional melodies for
     the Priestly Blessings, arranged for 2-part choir. In Holland, on
     each festival a specific melody is used to sing the Priestly
     Blessings. The second collection (1924) contains various tunes that
     were published in a Dutch prewar weekly. I provided numerous midi
     files.

  Dutch Prewar Media

     I collected and reproduced 70pp of articles, expositions and
     interviews concerning Chazzanut and Jewish music, that were
     published in the Dutch prewar weekly "The Friday Evening." I added
     a complete listing of sources. More articles will be added in due
     course.

I also added many new external links.

This and much more is now freely available online at:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~danio/irwin/music/

  Irwin Oppenheim
  i(dot)oppenheim (at) xs4all(dot)nl