From: "Joshua Horowitz" <horowitz (at) budowitz(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [slightly OT] book on Salonikios, Greek violinist

Yes Sandra,

The book, Salonikios "The best violin in the Balkans" is published by The
Museum Tusculanum Press, University of Copenhagen 1993. Its a very nice
book, and even contains some of Dmitrios Semsis' (nicknamed Salonikios)
notations of some of the recording session tunes (his musician friends often
asked him to write out tunes for them). He later became a producer for
Columbia and Roza Eshkenazi was in love with him. His violin playing is of
the divine type. The discography at the end of the book is an excellent
resource...Josh Horowitz