brave old world in Boston, Feb 9, 10

A reminder that Brave Old World will be coming to Boston, at the
Leventhal-Sidman Jewish Community Center, on Feb 9, 10, a couple of months from
now.

Sunday Afternoon Curtain Talk: Beyond Klezmer -
$25 general; $23 JCC member;(seniors and students $2 off)
Subscription prices: $21 general; $19.50 JCC member
* Special Youth Ticket $12 general; $10 JCC member
Saturday, February 9, 8pm
Sunday, February 10, 2pm

Box Office Hours:
Tuesday-Thursday 12-5;
Fridays 12-5 before a concert weekend.
Box Office Phone: 617-965-5226
or e-mail: Pgoldman (at) jccgb(dot)org

The group is among the most extraordinary, not only on recording, but in
concert. In fact, they are the only group whose performance inspired a poem
submission to the KlezmerShack:

http://www.klezmershack.com/articles/980123.kohn.bow_poem.html

Here's a review of a concert a few years ago:

http://shamash.org/listarchives/jewish-music/970711

There are also a host of klezmer concerts in Boston (and around the world).
This is the season. I've listed those that I know about on

http://www.klezmershack.com/klezcalendar.html

Enjoy,
ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/