Mauthausen Trilogy CD

Though we only posted news of this CD yesterday, we are almost sold out of
our first (and rather large) shipment. All orders received up to this time
will have shipped out by this evening.

The special price of $17.98 with shipping included (within the US) will
remain in effect through DECEMBER 15.  Don't miss out on a GREAT recording!!!

Thank You,
Simon
Hatikvah Music

<<The poems of Iacovos Kambanellis set to music by Mikis Theodorakis - sung
in
Hebrew, English and Greek. Includes speech by Simon Wiesenthal.

We have just received this AMAZING recording.

In 1965, poet Iacovos Kambanellis, a prisoner in Mauthausen during World War
II, wrote four poems on the subject, and asked his good friend, the noted
composer, Mikis Theodortakis, to set them to music. Theodorakis, who, during
the Nazi Occupation was sent to German and Italian prisons, created beautiful
and haunting melodies to compliment Kambanellis's stirring poems.

The first recording of these compositions were originally made over 30 years
ago in Greece by the now world famous Greek artist, Maria Farantour. In this
new recording of "The Mauthausen Cantata", produced in 1995, each of the
selections are sung in Hebrew (Elioar Moav  Vendiadis), English (Nadia
Weinberg) and in Greek (Maria Fantouri). The last track of this Cd consists
of a speech in German by Holocaust survivor, Simon Wiesenthal, a former
prisoner at Mauthausen.

The booklet contains full translations in English, French and German. This is
a unique and stirring recording, and is highly recommended.>>