-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Ari Davidow
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2001 6:39 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: klezmer en buenos aires--another great album

 Okay, there's a band in Buenos Aires that does a fusion of klezmer
 and South American jazz. Two guys. They play percussion and clarinet,
 body parts and piano, whistle, whatever it takes to get the sounds
 they're looking for.

 I've seen them perform at Ashkenaz, at at one of the London Festivals.
 They're as good as they sound on record. They're regulars on the London
 circuit now. If we were smart, we'd get them over here, too.

 The new album is "Shtil," and it takes the exploration of quiet into
 new dimensions, except that it's still music based, if distantly,
 on Jewish melodies, as well.

 Insanely good.

 http://www.klezmerbuenosaires.com

 Allegedly Tower Records (in Argentina, at least) carries their albums.

 I found one web store that carries them:

http://www.tangostore.com/home.php?d=br&idx=&sku=1722&sc=ai&cnt=4&p=1&buscar
=LERNER

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---