Re: zebra wear pyjamas/Geula Gill

I have most of these albums. I grew up on Oranim Zabar (born in 55) and we
had "Shalom" and "Around the Campfire". I got "Hora" from the library and
taped it on a cassette (back then.)

Recently I bought fresh copies of all these albums from ebay and made MP3s
of them for the car. I also got "On the Road to Elath" and "A Town Hall
Concert." If I add up all the Geula Gill/Oranim Zabar stuff, it comes out
to about five hours of music.

Simon did not mention the cassette available from Folkways (via the
Smithsonian) called "Holiday Songs of Israel."   Neat stuff.

>  "40 Golden Hits Geula Gill CD Geula Gill"  is one of our best selling
>recordings due to the fact that there are so many Israeli's in our area that
>came to the US in the late 60's and early 70's when Geula Gill was at the
>peak of her popularity and she is better know to them than Rita or Sarit
>Hadad.

I think I bought it from you, Simon. I enjoy it, especially when she sings
Hebrew lyrics to popular songs like, "If I had a hammer" and "Do-re-mi".
They're cute.

 > Last I heard, Geula Gill lives in the Los Angeles area.

I hope she is doing well. She must be about 70 or so. She had a hell of a
voice when she recorded those albums.

</edg>