zebra wear pyjamas/Geula Gill

In a message dated 11/19/1 6:55:35 PM, edg (at) greenberg(dot)org writes:

<< On a  double CD, "40 Golden Hits Geula Gill CD Geula Gill" is a song
called
"Why the Zebra Wears Pyjamas".

Geula Gill was a major artist in the 60's--not only in Israel, but in the US
as well. She was part of the Ornim Tzabar Troupe and recorded with them in
Israel, and in the US as well on Electra Records. All those LPs are out of
print, yet we constantly get calls from these recordings.  She also had an LP
on Epic Records.

Two other Americans recordings were released on the Folkways Label, "Israel
Dances" --as the Tzabar Group, and "Yemenite and Other Israeli Folk Songs" as
Guela Gill and Dov Seltzer  (her then husband). Both of these recordings are
available on Cassette with the original Folkways inserts."Israel Dances"
includes the dance instructions.
Dove Seltzer, is one of Israel's greatest arranger/conductors, and conducted
the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra on Itzhak Perlman's "Tradition" CD, his
all time best selling recording.

 "40 Golden Hits Geula Gill CD Geula Gill"  is one of our best selling
recordings due to the fact that there are so many Israeli's in our area that
came to the US in the late 60's and early 70's when Geula Gill was at the
peak of her popularity and she is better know to them than Rita or Sarit
Hadad.

Last I heard, Geula Gill lives in the Los Angeles area.

Simon
Hatikvah Music