-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]Im Auftrag von Reyzl
Kalifowicz-Waletzky
Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2001 14:05
An: World music from a Jewish slant
Betreff: RE: Hurray?

They don't have to be killed.

They can chase Al Queda out of their country and continue to live.  (But
wait, Al Queda is basically the Taliban leadership.)

They can run away from the fighting fields or just give up.  But if they
give up, they will have to settle for giving up those perilous Taliban
goals, policies, and religious interpretations and be willing to live in a
more pluralistic, pro-democracy society where women have the right to go
work and go to a doctor.  How many will be willing to do that?  Some would
rather die than change.  Well, I think you should leave it up to them as to
what decision they want to make about their lives or their deaths.

We Americans are not going to be their victims again.  If you lived in the
Taliban's favorite target city - New York, and your family's, friends', and
country's lives were literally at stake as ours are, you would also do
whatever is necessary to stop them.  We live and use the main subway
station in Brooklyn, the Atlantic Avenue subway station (11 small blocks
away) that they were going to blast away last year.  A quarter of all NYC
subway riders goes through that station every morning.  Thank God, the FBI
stopped them the day before they were going to blow it up.  This is not a
danger across the ocean to faceless people as it is for you.  Our economy
has been shattered.  Bin Laden, who not only has the means, but has also
carried out every threat he ever made against America, has now openly
threatened to nuke us.  We are not going to let him and his friends come
here and destroy us.  They have already destroyed their own country and
their own people, who are probably going to massacre them the first chance
they get.  Sorry, I can't cry for them.  I bet the 25 million destitute
Afghan people, who have been killed, starved, and oppressed for the last
five years by 50,000 gun-toting fanatics are cheering.  You want to also
deny them their long-awaited cheer?

If your country were the one they were determined to destroy, you wouldn't
talk this way.

Reyzl