RE: Jewish music LPs

Itzik,

>Shame on you non-LP listeners of Jewish Music! You're missing out on
>more than half the music that's out there. Most of the old stuff will
>never come out on CD .

Yes, you are right.  But please tell it to Josh, not me.   He should be
ashamed of himself. :)   Right now, the only music he cares about is the
music in his own head.  Between cleaning up the basement, putting up a
picture moulding in the hallway, and fixing the record player, I don't know
what to nag him about first.  The guy just sits and writes gorgeous new
Yiddish music every free minute he has, the creative juices just pour out
of him, and he just can't stop himself.  He can't be bothered with such
"mundane" problems.  We have hundreds of Jewish LP's in one closet.  If I
could copy them all on our new CD-ROM writer, I would gain a terrific
closet made of cherry wood.  I definitely could use another closet.  Yah,
go tell him off. :)   After that, I have another job for you.  Please try
to convince him to re-stage his brilliant, original "Galinka" musical with
the brilliant original lyrics Boiberik kids continue to passionately sing
for the last 29 years.  You performed in it and you know it so well.

Reyzl

BTW, most people don't know that Josh has been subscribed to this list
since May and does read the mail every day.  (His e-mail address is
josh (at) waletzky(dot)com(dot))  The guy knows everything there is to know
about
Yiddish music and knows lyrics to at least 1200 Yiddish songs.  But don't
bother him until he cleans the basement.  I am waiting only six years on
that one.  :)