RE: new lyrics on Shnirele Perele?

OK, list, here it is from the horse's mouth, as it were.

I changed two lines:

"Meshiekh vet kumen haytiks yor" has become
"Mir darfn meshiekh hayntiks yor"

"Veln di yidn in erets-yisroel aynshteyn" has become
"Veln ale mentshn in erets-yisroel aynshteyn"

These happened spontaneously and I didn't give them much thought. They just
expressed how I felt at a particular performance, and continue to feel.

If you don't like it, get your own band and sing it yourself! Jeez.

Mr. Lorin Sklamberg, Sound Archivist
YIVO Institute for Jewish Research (and lead singer for the Klezmatics)

15 West 16th Street
New York, NY 10011
Tel. (212) 294-6169
Fax (212) 292-1892