Re: Leonard Cohen's "Ten New Songs"

on 10/30/01 10:28 PM, Bob Wiener at wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com wrote:

> Anything Jewish about Leonard Cohen's "Ten New Songs"?

Now that I've listened to it a couple of times, I'd say that it's classic
Leonard Cohen, although personally I could do without the sampled drums and
strings. But it's growing on me despite this fact. A few of the songs seem
to have a bit of a Buddhist tinge, this is not surprising given his recent
residency. I don't know that there's anything particularly Jewish about the
new recording, unless we consider all of his work to be such, if this is the
case, then it is indeed more of same.

Seth

--
Seth Austen