Sam Margolis

Sam Margolis, 67, our trombonist, who recently moved to Arizona, passed away
last week from complications resulting from lymphoma.  Sam gave a lot of
heart and soul to the band, and his mellow baritone voice added something
irreplaceable to the Maxwell Street sound.  He loved the band like family,
and all the musicians in his life gave him a terrific send-off to Arizona
last July with a going-away party.  We didn't know it would be the last time
we'd see him.  We are mixing our new album with bittersweet feelings as we
listen to him play with vitality and warmth.  We miss you, Sam.

Lori Lippitz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->