Re: Klezmatics

The Klezmatics performed in Detroit this past weekend- and their performance
was amazing.  They performed at Orchestra Hall (as a joint program sponsored
by our JCC and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra) and we had well over a
thousand people there (an attendance rate which we really haven't seen
before at a Jewish concert.)  Everyone had a wonderful time, and our agency
is still getting calls from people gushing about the concert and wanting to
know where they can purchase their music.

A lot of people have called asking if a song they performed that night
entitled "I'm Afraid of What You Do In The Name of Your G-d" is available on
CD or tape.  I'm sure people who have seen the Klezmatics perform this song
in New York since September 11, know how wonderful it is- it's an adaptation
of an English song by Holly Neer.  My understanding is that this song hasn't
been recorded yet, does anyone know differently?

Also we have had at least two people ask what recording is the song about
the coming of the Mashiach (or hope of the coming of the Mashiach) is on.
They performed this in the second half of the evening, and mentioned that it
was one of their earlier recordings, but I can't seem to find the album that
it's on?  Can someone help with this request?

Thanks.
-Katie Marcus
Program Coordinator
Jewish Life & Learning
6600 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248) 432-5470

Any attachments received with this message have been automatically scanned with
Norton's Anti-Virus which is updated daily. Thus, unless any attachment
contains a virus unknown to Symantec or that Symantec has not yet published a
"fix" for, those attachments are virus free within the stated limitations.