RE: I'm back

Just to let you all know, it appears the Seminary's internet service has been
restored and I can now send messages. We were down since about Sept. 13th, as
our routers were on West Street, across from the former WTC.

Thank God, my wife and I are fine and our families don't live in this area. We
do have friends and co-workers who were greatly impacted by the tragedy.
Everyone in New York knows someone who knows someone. I say this not in a
trivial fashion, just to let you all know that here in the NY metro area,
things are indeed NOT back to normal.

This does not mean the city is not safe; it just means we're all a tad
skittish, especially now with our recent invasion of Afghanistan.

I will not talk politics nor bore you with war stories. I have none to tell.
Just tales of heroism, heartbreak and loss. We read them every day in the
papers, see them on thousands of "missing" posters, and hear them at memorial
services.

If you do decide to visit New York City, you might not recognize us. There are
U.S. flags all over the place. People are actually acting a bit kinder to each
other.

So you see, out of this brutal act that has caused so much suffering, a little
ray of hope shines.

Have a freiliche Simchas Torah,

Eliott Kahn