Re: off topic: Flodni--Hungarian Jewish dessert

Lori Cahan-Simon wrote:

> I didn't know whom else to ask:  A friend of mine had a dessert from
> Budapest's famous kosher bakery, Froelich's, which was called flodni.
> It is apparently a Napoleon type layered pastry with layers of nuts, mun
> and apples.  Does anyone have any idea as to a recipe for this delight?

There is a recipe for Moldovan Jewish fludn collected from Mina
Goldenshteyn (wife of German) by Eve Jochnowitz written up in the Spring
2001 Volume 8 Number 3 New Routes: Traditional Music and Dance in America
newsletter, published by the Center for Traditional Music and Dance.

Contact them at traditions (at) ctmd(dot)org or 212-571-1555.
Or contact me for Eve's contact information.

It's pretty labor intensive, so good luck!

Carol