Re: TO EVERYONE IN NEW YORK CITY

B"H

It is 9:30 PM.  I have just gotten home.  Today was different from any
day I have ever seen.  As I was getting ready to go into a conference
one of my administrators came into my office and said that a plane had
crashed into the World Trade Center.  The day has gone down from there.
I am attaching a single photo which I took from the Hospital window.
You will note that one of the two Towers is gone.

I spent most of the day on the street in front of the Emergency
Department acting as the Senior Triage Officer.  We had over 150
victims.  The most frightening thing was that about 3/4 of the victims
were emergency workers.  This I am afraid may mean that the number of
dead will reach mammoth proportions.

As I stood in front of the Hospital this evening it was eerie.  The
streets were silent.  The smoke could still be seen in the air to the
south.  The situation is one that can only be described as surreal.

 I am very tired.  If you desire I will try to write more tomorrow.

Steve Stowe

Stephen M. Stowe, M.D.
Beth Israel Medical Center
New York, NY