Re: "Those were the days" (recordings, etc.)

"Robert A. Rothstein" wrote:

> MaxwellSt (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
>
>> > Speaking of Russian soul, does anyone know who wrote "I Went Shootin'
>> > with
>> > Rasputin"?)
>>
>> Not Danny Kaye?
>
>         That was my original suspicion, but I haven't found any
> documentation of his having performed it or written it.
>
>                     Bob Rothstein

One site has the name "Limpan" Lindholm at the bottom of the text.  Whether
this was the performer, or author, or the contributor of the item to that
particular website, who knows?????  Searches for Limpan Lindholm reveal a
possible real name of Nils Lindholm, but no connection between Nils
Lindholm and "The Palace Of The Czar" seem to come up.

An interesting alternate version of the song can be found at:

http://www.best.com/~engstrom/songbook/42.html

--
Regards,

Lionel Mrocki

Visit <<http://www.klezmania.com.au>> for the latest information on
KLEZMANIA;  Performance dates, Sound files, Photos and more.