Re: Rossi

I?ve also been on the sidelines reading along - but often that?s where I
should be, so not to compare with a scholar?s statement of being on the
sidelines - but have one comment as to why some may simply enjoy laying claim
to Rossi?s music as ?ours.? Way back as a college student studying trio
sonata after trio sonata I was ecstatic to learn that there was a Jew out
there composing ?alongside? all the Christian fellas. After performing so
many of these kinds of pieces, from Hotteterre to Vivaldi and in between, I
revelled in the idea that there was someone Jewish who was actually an
innovator in the late Renaissance/early Baroque form of the Trio Sonata.
Nothing Jewish sounding for sure. That didn?t matter to me; I had found a
connection where I least expected it!
adrianne