RE: Upcoming CD by Wayfaring Strangers

Sounds pretty folky to me...

Dick

-----Original Message-----
From:   Seth Rogovoy [SMTP:rogovoy (at) berkshire(dot)net]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 27, 2001 1:03 PM
To:     World music from a Jewish slant
Subject:        Upcoming CD by Wayfaring Strangers

[It's not apparent that there is actually any klezmer tune on the album, but
the description of Wayfaring Strangers' upcoming debut album includes the
word "klezmer" and Andy Statman is in the group..... -- sr]

ROUNDER RECORDS
NEW RELEASES AVAILABLE AUGUST 2001

Wayfaring Strangers
Shifting Sands of Time
Rounder 116 610 484-2
Street Date: August 7, 2001
Every once in a while, an album comes along that challenges our
expectations, our assumptions about the way music is made. The Wayfaring
Strangers can take your breath away moment by moment, passage by passage, as
strands of jazz, bluegrass, old-time country, folk, klezmer and more
intertwine and give way to one another in a powerfully unique fusion. Not
for those who demand that their music be comfortably predictable, Shifting
Sands of Time is hauntingly new, like a dream mingling the past and the
present, the known and the unknown into something that can touch our deepest
emotions.
-adapted from the notes by Jon Weisberger

The Wayfaring Strangers are:
Matt Glaser  musical director, violin,
viola
Jennifer Kimball  vocals
Andy Statman  clarinet, mandolin
Tony Trischka banjo
John McGann  guitar, mandolin
Bruce Barth  piano
Jim Whitney  bass

Guest vocalists include: Ralph Stanley, Lucy Kaplansky, Tracey Bonham,
Rhonda Vincent, Laurie Lewis, Tim O'Brien, Cathie Ryan, and Ry
Cavanaugh
Produced by Andy Edelstein and Matt Glaser, with Edward Haber.
Includes: "Shifting Sands of Time," "Man of Constant Sorrow," "High on a
Mountain," "Blue and Lonesome," "Motherless Child," "Cry, Cry, Darling,"
"June Apple," "Memories of You," "Funeral in My Brain," "Working on a
Building," "Strange Bird," "Rank Stranger," "Wayfaring Stranger"
Available on CD. UPC number 0-11661-0484-2-3
File Under: Primary Category: BLUEGRASS
Secondary Category: FOLK