Re: Honga

Michael Alpert?s dance sheet is my dance source as well, as is probably
Helen?s, according to her description and on her website, if I?m remembering
correctly. Michael also indicated to wave with the free hand and therefore
I?ve used the dance in my wedding workshops as one that gathers people going
to a wedding. Certainly ?works? well with young kids. There?s one tune that
my group does that?s titled Wedding/Khasene Honga - I think, as often we?ve
sort of done away with titles with dance tunes just being a way of
identifying which ones to play at the time - and the tempo does at least
coincide with the steps and tempo nicely.
adrianne