hora campulungului

This question has occurred to me many times when listening to klez cd's and
finally I'm asking it.  There is a Romanian folk dance that Yves Moreau teaches
called Hora mare din Bucovina.  I recently purchased a Romanian dance cd called
Haj La Hora which has this melody on it under the name Hora Campulungului from
Moldova.  I've noticed what seems like the same melody (to my non-musician's
ears) only klezmerized, on many klez cd's for example:  Doyres, Traditional
Klezmer Recordings 1979-1994 track 11, Epstein Brothers Hora and Sirba.  Since
this seems like such a frequently played tune, just wondered if there is any
special history that goes with it.
Sincerely,
Helen

Helen Winkler