From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org [mailto:owner-jewish-music (at)
shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of
WINSTON WEILHEIMER
Sent: 02 May 2001 13:38
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: ashes chayil

dick rosenberg sent this to me off list...I thought it was worth sharing and
getting input from you....my response is below his post.
winston

>From: Dick Rosenberg <rrosenberg (at) davox(dot)com>
>To: "'nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com'" <nusach (at) hotmail(dot)com>
>Subject: FW: A nice surprise?
>Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:30:35 -0400
>
>Hi Winston,
>
>I don't want to drag this onto the list (we have enough cans of worms there
>now), but in case you don't know, some of us (on the opposite end of the
>religious/political spectrum from Robert :-) consider Eyshes Chayil to be
>insulting to women.
>
>And please don't omit my Cantor and one of my favorite singers, Rosalie
>Gerut. I've also heard some Robyn Helzner that I've liked a lot. And of
>course Shirele Perele (by Machaya Klezmer Band I think) HAS to be there.
>
>Dick
my response to Dick was:

have not formally named the station yet....thought ashes chayil to be a good
name for a mother's day format (actually will play all month).  I am open to
suggestions.  i will open it up to the list.

I do not have any music by your cantor that i know of.  I do have some
Machaya Klezmer band...i will look and see.

winston

---