Mussorgsky: Impromptu Passionne

I don't recall who asked about Mussorgsky's Impromptu Passionne from
his 6 Piano Pieces, but I was intrigued enough to get a CD of Jacques
Rouvier's recording from my library.  The liner notes (and the music)
do not reveal any Jewish connection:

(translated from Hiroshi Ishii's original liner notes)

Six Short Pieces

This is a rare recording of some of Mussorgsky's few compositions for
piano.  Two of the six pieces, "Scherzo" and "Impromptu passionne",
are youthful works written while Mussorgsky was studying composition
under the guidance of Balakirev.  Neither of the two saw the light of
publication during the composer's lifetime.  "Scherzo" was written in
1858, when he was nineteen and "Impromptu passionne" in the following
year. The character of a practice composition is pronounced in both of
them.  In both, Mussorgsky seems to be emulating classical forms, and
the individuality which typified his later work has not yet blossomed.
The main section of the "Scherzo" is in 2/4 meter, while the normal
3/4 meter of the trio provides an interesting touch.  "Impromptu
passionne" is written in F sharp major, with a meter in 4/4, and has
an even greater simplicity of harmony and construction than the
previous place."

Bob