History of Yiddish Radio

To close out the 2000-2001 year of New York's Friends of Yiddish, I will be
giving a talk on the history of Yiddish radio in America from 1925-1955
including sneak peaks at some of the documentaries I am producing with David
Isay for National Public Radio to air this Fall on "All Things Considered".

Sunday May 6 @ 2:00 PM Marseilles Hotel 230 W. 103rd St (SW cor. of 103 and
Bway)
Members: free  Non-Members: $5. Space is very limited. For info and
reservations call: Jo Abrams (212) 666-6244 before April 28.

Henry Sapoznik
Founder/Director "KlezKamp: The Yiddish Folk Arts Program"
Author  "Klezmer! Jewish Music From Old World to Our World" (Schirmer Books)
Winner 2000 ASCAP-Deems Taylor Award for Excellence in Music Scholarship