Re: New UK Release: Music of the Oriental Jews

HI, thanks, Noa, I already have it...

Bhattacharya's field recordings have appeared on a bewildering array of LPs
and CD re-releases from the US, the UK and France (and I'm sure elsewhere.)
So it's hard to be definitive about where this stuff might have shown up
before. But I'm pretty sure about the following LPs, for starters:

 >North Africa
 >1. Hijaz Masaqi
 >2. Wedding song
 >3. Airag
 >4. Ya Ribbon Alam
 >5. En Kelohenu
 >6. Taqsim on Qanun
 >7. Love Song
 >8. Lament

Most or all originally released on In Israel Today, Vol. 2, Music of the
Jews From Morocco, Westminster Westminster WF 12027 (also seemingly
released as W.9806)

 >Yemen
 >9. Halil
 >10. Yedid Nafshi
 >11. Love Song

Most or all originally released on In Israel Today, Vol. 3, Songs of the
Jews from Yemen, the Atlas Mountains, Tunisia and Spain, Westminster WF 12028

 >Bukhara
 >12. Uzbek Flute
 >13. Bukhari Modes
 >14. Tulkum (Love song)
 >15. Uzbek Love Song
 >16. Kashgarchi Tuichi (Bukhari love song)

Most or all originally released on In Israel Today, Vol. 1, Songs and
Dances of the Jews from Bukhara, Uzbekistan, and Cochin, Westminster WF 12026

(The fourth volume dealt w/ Ashkenaz music, BTW.)

Hope this helps,