Re: Chad Gadya in Ladino

Versions in Aramaic, German, Yiddish, Greek and Aramaic, Ladino, Russian,
Judeo-Provencal, Aramaic and Ladino, Aramaic and Italian, Italian.

Folkways 8920.

At 08:11 AM 3/10/01 -0800, you wrote:
>The words that Sam Weiss has posted come from the singing of Flory Jagoda,
>Bosnian Sephardic singer and can be heard on her recordings.  There is an
>interesting compendium from that marvelous resource, Smithsonian Folkways,
>of recordings of chad gadya from many different traditions.  I don't
>recall if it includes ladino and can't put my hands on it at the moment (
>who was talking about indexing issues?  I've got shelving issues...sigh ;-) )
>
>Shira Lerner
>Los Angeles, CA

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com