Fwd: Klezmer en Espaņa/ translation below

I got this from someone in Spain. Judy Pinnolis' son Ben translated
it (see below). Can anyone from this list offer the respondents advice?
Ben has offered to help translate back and forth to/from Spanish if
that helps.

> From: "PATXI JUANICOTENA MATA" <juanikotena (at) hotmail(dot)com>
>  Apreciado Señor:
>  No sé si entenderá usted el español. Le escribo en esta lengua a causa
> de mi limitadísino conocimiento del inglés. Espero que sabrá disculparme.
>  Mi nombre es Patxi Juanicotena Mata y soy de Barcelona, en España.
> He visitado su página de la "Choza Klezmera", y me ha parecido excelente. Soy
> aficionado al klezmer desde hace años.
>  El problema de un aficionado al klezmer que viva en España, es que aquí
> apenas se conoce este tipo de música. No se oye en las radios, ni
> en la televisión (exceptuando alguna película de temática judía), y apenas
> hay grupos que la interpreten. Hay pocas tiendas donde se vendan
> discos, y en las que hay, el catálogo acostumbra a ser bastante limitado.
>  Sin embargo hay algún rayo de esperanza. Estos pocos grupos que le he
> comentado,(hay 2 en Barcelona), comienzan muy poco a poco a dar a conocer el
> Klezmer. Algunos músicos como Goran Brégovic están abriendo
> el camino de las músicas de Europa oriental, con cierto éxito entre la
> juventud. Películas como "Train de vie" de Radu  Mihaileanu, con banda
> sonora de Brégovic, tambien contribuyen de algún modo.
>  Aún así, aquellos que amamos el klezmer en España, lo tenemos difícil.
> En rarisimas ocasiones recibimos la visita de grupos o intérpretes
> extranjeros. Desde el concierto de Giora Feidman el año 97, nadie ha pasado
> por aquí.
>  Yo pertenezco a una pequeña asociación llamada "Asociación de Relaciones
> Culturales Cataluña Israel", en la que tenemos entre otras
> cosas, interés en promover el klezmer. Una idea que tenemos es la de intentar
> que pueda llevarse a cabo en Barcelona algún festival de klezmer, que sería
> el primero de la historia de España. El caso es que
> aunque tenemos  ganas y buena voluntad, no disponemos de muchos medios
> económicos ni de experiencia en este terreno.
>  El motivo de mi carta es consultarle a usted acerca de esto. ¿Cómo podriamos
> conseguir que aumentara el interés de los grupos de klezmer por España? ¿Qué
> pasos deberíamos dar para poder realizar el tan ansiado festival de música
> klezmer? ¿Hay algún modo de hacer correr la
> voz de que España es un territorio inexplorado y virgen para el klezmer, y de
> que ofrece grandes posibilidades? ¿Tal vez podría insinuar esto en su página
> web, que es referencia  mundial del tema?
>  El klezmer ya se ha convertido en un género universal en Estados Unidos,
> Canadá, Argentina, Reino Unido, Francia, Alemania, Suiza e incluso Italia.
> Creo que ya le toca el turno a España.
>  En fin, sin otro particular, y esperando su respuesta, le envío un
> afectuoso saludo.
>
>                         Patxi Juanicotena Mata
>
>                 e-mail:
> <mailto:juanikotena (at) hotmail(dot)com>juanikotena (at) hotmail(dot)com

ENGLISH:
Dear Sir,
I don't know if you will understand spanish. I write in this language because
of
my limited knowledge of english. I hope that you will be able to answer me. My
name is Patxi Juanicotena Mata and I am from Barcelona, Spain. I have visited
your page "Klezmershack" and it seemed excellent to me. I have been
afffectionat towards klexmer for several years. The problem with an affection
of
klezmer for a person who lives in Spain es that here almost no one knows about
this type of music. You can't hear it on the radio stations, nor on TV, except
some Judaica movies, and almost no groups practice it. There are few stores
that
sell CDs, and those that have, the selections is usually rather limited. Never
theless, there is a ray of hope. Those few groups that have commented (there
are
2 in Barcelona) are little by little beginning to know about klezmer. Some
musicions, like Goran Bregovic are opening the path of the oriental Europa
music, with certain excitement among the youth. Movies like "Train de vie" by
Radu Mihaileanu, with sound by Bregovic's band also contribute somewhat. Even
so, those that love klezmer in Spain have it difficult. On rare occasions we
receive visits from groups or strange interpreters. Since Giora Feidman's
concert in 97, no one has come this way.
I belong to a small association called "The Association of Cataluna-Israel
Cultural Relations" in which, among other things, we are interested in
promoting
klezmer. One idea that we had was to try to bring to Barcelona some klezmer
festival that would be the first in the history of Spain. The thing is that
even
though we have will and good spirit, we don;t have at our dispoal much economic

means, nor experience in this matter.
The purpose of this letter is to consult with you about this. How could we
continue to increase interest in klezmer groups throughout Spain? What ought we

have to be able to accomplish the longed for festival of klezmer music? Is
there
anything we should do to make it happen so that the voice of Spain is an
unexplored virgin territory for klezmer and that it offers grand possibilities?

Maybe would it be possible to insinuate that in the webpage, that would be a
world-wide reference on the subject?
Klezmer has been translated universally in the United States, Canada,
Argentina,
UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, and including Italy. I believe that now it is

Spain's turn.
Finally, without other particulars, as I wait for your response, I send an
affectionate salute.