Re: Anski Expedition

There was a nice introduction to his work in a volume of Anski's writing,
including excerpts from his journals, that was published by Shocken in 1992:

The Dybbuk and Other Writings (Library of Yiddish Classics)
by S. Ansky, David G. Roskies (Editor), Golda Werman (Translator)

There must be a plethora of scholarly work on the subject, I just don't recall
seeing it.

ari