Re: Klezmer jam session at Tonic March 4th

Yakov,

I remember being in college and first encountering "flat-earthers," those odd,
sociopathic sophists who will bet you any money that you can't prove to them
that the earth isn't flat.  The old wisdom applies: do not bet this man,
because you will surely end up with an ear full of cider.  I don't mean to
scoff at
the threat represented by such holocaust deniers as  Zundel.  I mean that it is
folly to try to counter them on their own turf.  They are ready for your
outrage: better primed than any presidential debater ever was.  They've set
their traps cleverly.  Notice the smirking invitation to find "mistakes?"  As
Reyzl
has pointed out in quite another context (and L'havdil!), poor scholarship and
an incomplete command of facts can only create confusion and set back the
discourse.  To my mind, the best course is to note the existence of this
phenomenon, and then to address the issue in more proper forums.  For myself I
will
say that the hand that clicked on the link to that site now feels in need of
washing with strong soap.

Owen

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided oer my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy & Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake