Affirmative not Schmattfirmative

    Winston, etc.:
    Just an interesting aside: I was able to attend college because of
Affirmative Action. Not because I am a woman, but because I was a
poor,working-class Jew,and I met the income and minority status for the
public, State University I attended. Needless to say I believe in
Affirmative Action, just not the P.C. hypocracy that goes with it!
  A short quiz: what's the largest White(White always being a facetious
term) Adult group living in Poverty in the United States today? A clue: I
got the statistics from the AJC. Answer: Elderly Jews. I bring this up, just
to show that not all of "Us" Jews have made it into the Middle Class, even.
And I bring that up, because the longer I live in poor circumstances, the
more I understand that you've got to use every last advantage you can, and
this includes Affirmative Action.
       I teach poor, Inner City kids.  And in light(or should I say in the
moral darkness and turpitude) of the current administration, these kids will
need everything they can get their hands on.  Just like this poor, Inner
City Kid, some 20 years ago!
       Could we NOW please stop bashing each other and get back to the
Music? If I want to feel depressed and hateful I'll just look out my window
at the local Crack dealers(no joke).
       As, I believe Tennyson said: "Music hath charms to soothe the savage
breast."  Got it????