RE: June Tabor: Mayn Rue Plats

>From: "Seth Rogovoy" <rogovoy (at) berkshire(dot)net>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: RE: June Tabor:  Mayn Rue Plats
>Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:02:16 -0500
>
>how difficult is it for someone technically inept to hook up a turntable to
>a CD burner? does this involve lots of additional hardware and software
>besides what's already installed if you have a working burner?
i do it all the time.  you have basically a few technical problems to solve.
  first getting the recording into a format on the hard drive that the
burner will accept.  you can not go directly from the turntable to the cd
(in my experience).  You use a line from the audio out on the amplifyer to
the line in on your sound card.  I use musicmatch to record as the record is
playing.  you configure the recorder in musicmatch to have the source "in
line".  I would stop the recording in between cuts, otherwise your mp3 file
is going to get huge. Music match will put the mp3 file on your hard drive
wherever you specify or in the default location which is in your mydocuments
folder under mymusic.

Once that is done, you can make the playlist right in music match and click
on make a cd....and voila...you are done.

watch the input volume coming from the record, you don't want it too loud or
too soft.

Winston Weilheimer
Host/OWNER
NUSACH INTERNET RADIO NETWORK