RE: bobruisk Yizkor Book

there's a song called "yoshke, yoshke" that has something about buying horses
in it. my youth klezmer band and maxwell st. klezmer band sings it to tantz
yidelech.
rachel

>===== Original Message From "Helen Winkler" <winklerh (at) hotmail(dot)com>
>=====
>The yizkor book discussion started me re-reading yizkor books again.  List
members might enjoy looking at the Bobruisk book at
>http://www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/bobruisk/byb_764.html
>Memories of Hlusk
>
>It covers many of the topics that were mentioned in the "romanticizing the
shtetl thread:"  music;i.e., the local klezmer band led by Reb Yoshke, the mud
and the poverty and a few that we didn't cover such as the illegal horse trade
and the secret language of the horse traders.