Re: Fwd: Folk and Gypsy music from Hungary, Bulgarian, Transylvania

Khaverim --

First a technical note -- when I clicked on the links in the e-mail
forwarded from Ari, I got a blank screen. However, if you go to the
homepage, http://www.passion-music.co.uk/ you get what you want.

Boy, these guys have a wonderfully eclectic stock. What this e-mail
didn't mention is that they also carry a considerable selection of
salsa, latin jazz and descargas.

Now what, you may ask, is the Jewish connection here?

Well, as far as I can tell, it must be that salsa is a huge popular
music genre in Israel these days. There is a proliferation of Israeli
salsa bands that I'd love to hear someone explain.

(Hey, I know, it's great dance music, so who cares if there's a Jewish
connection. The best salsa pianist I ever knew personally was the Jewish
guy who played piano in the jazz group I sang with. Go figure.)

George "Baffled in New York" Robinson

--
ARE YOU A FREELANCE WRITER?
Then you should be a member of the NATIONAL