Children's choir

I am starting a children's choir in my moshav.  I have the following
questions:

1.  Does anyone have experience with conducting a children's choir? What
vocal range can I use?  What is hard and what is easy for them? (leaps,
dissonant harmonies, and so on).  Any tips are welcome.

2.  Does anyone have arrangements of songs suitable for Holocaust Day for
children's choir, with two or three parts?

3.  I have the impression that children's choirs were common in the ghettos
prior to and during World War II.  Does anyone have any information on the
history of Jewish children's choirs during this period?

Tnx,

Joel Epstein
Moshav Magshimim, Israel
tel: 972-3-9333316