Spike Jones

Hi, Wolf;
Manny Klein was never a City Slicker. Jones occasionally augmented the band
for recording sessions. It very well could have been a recording session for
Spike's "Other Orchestra", which was a failed experiment during Katz's
tenure.
"Der Fuerher's Face" was much too early to include Katz. Mickey Katz didn't
join the Slickers until Spike was a major drawing act with his Musical
Depreciation Revue.
"Der Fuerher's Face" was the Slickers' surprise hit which catapulted them to
fame and actually dictated (pun intended as an afterthought) that they go
out on the road.
I agree - Mirtle's book is an invaluable reference.
I'm good friends with Sir Frederick Gas (Earl Bennett) and two-headed
drummer Joe Siracusa, both former members of Spike Jones' outfit.
As a matter of fact, I have a little website that features Earl's artwork;
http://webhome.idirect.com/~lederm3/museum.html
Best Regards,
Lederman