From: David Fax <davidfax (at) dellnet(dot)com>
Subject: Third chapter of Eicha

I use a special melody for the third chapter of Eicha in which each triplet of
three verses is treated as one verse.  I use the same melody for the fifth
chapter.

I recieved this melody from my father, olov hasholom, who I presume got it from
the shul over which he at one time presided, Shomrei Mishmeres haKodesh Anshei
Volhyn, also known as the Lloyd Street Shul, Baltimore, Maryland.
Further than this I can only say that his father and grandfather were chassidim
of the Olyker Rav, which was near Demidovka in the Volhynier Gubernia.

A guten Shabbos,              David Fax