Re: New edition of Ruth Rubin's "Voices of a People" available

That's because--as you've indicated--you have the *first* edition of the
book; the material you mentioned was included in the *second* edition.  The
pb appears to be a reprint of the second edition--not a new edition; the
foreward by Dr. Slobin is, I believe, the *only* new copy.

--rlc