Re: Zionist songs by Leonard Bernstein?

According to the liner notes on AMERICAN-JEWISH ART SONGS (now on CD; I have
the LP), LB wrote words and music for the song "Silhouette"--which, they
say, he wrote during a trip to Israel and is based on an Arabic tune he
heard in the mountains of Galilee.

It's an English-language art song, w/ evocative, pastoral images in the
lyrics of olive groves, jeeps, and Arab shepherds.

It's certainly inspired by the Land of Israel and I would think, despite the
lack of a polemical text, qualifies as a Zionist song in a broad, but
perfectly valid (even core) sense.

--Robert Cohen