Klezbos at the Knitting Factory & at Sarah Lawrence College

    *ISLE OF KLEZBOS*
at the Knitting Factory
New York City, TUES OCT 24
&
at Sarah Lawrence College
Bronxville NY, THUR OCT 26

Two chances to hear Isle of Klezbos, the all-female powerhouse klezmer
sextet!  First downtown, Tues 10/24 at the Knitting Factory's Old Office, 8pm
& 9:30pm sets, just $7 (plus one drink minimum), 74 Leonard St, NYC.  Info:
212-219-3006 or <www.knittingfactory.com>

Next, on campus at Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, come to the Coffee
House for a 9pm show.  Info: 914-337-0700; sponsored by Hillels of
Westchester.   Either way, an early celebration of Simkhes Torah featuring
lots of material from MOSAIC PERSUASION, our "terrific new CD" (-Seth
Rogovoy, =The Forward=) with Metropolitan Klezmer, which delivers "a tighter,
more unified sound than ever... *****" (-George Robinson, =Jewish Week=)

Seth, whose recent book THE ESSENTIAL KLEZMER will be featured with us on an
upcoming edition CNN 'Worldbeat' -- including live performance footage from
our CD release party at Makor in September, -- describes that Klezbos show in
the current issue of the Forward:
"...a snazzy mixture of upbeat Eastern European dance tunes, Middle
Eastern-influenced improvisations and luscious Yiddish theater tunes
delivered by vocalist Deborah Karpel with just enough of an edge - in this
case, the hint of lesbianism that runs through the band's performance - to
fend off the dreaded shmaltz or nostalgia factor."  Yeah?  See for yourself!

PAM FLEMING - trumpet & flugelhorn
RACHELLE GARNIEZ - accordion & harmony vox
DEBORAH KARPEL - vocals
DEBRA KREISBERG - clarinet & alto sax
CATHERINE POPPER - bass
EVE SICULAR - drums

For more band info & updates, including our new, long-requested "Greetings
from the Isle of Klezbos" t-shirt (available at all shows!! and posted any
minute now on-line), please see <www.metropolitanklezmer.com> or call
212-475-4544.

With wishes for peace,

Eve Sicular