Tr: Amour Exil in English

Re: texte sur Amour ExilHELLO!  SHALOM!
     We propose a concert of Jewish music; sefarad songs with the group
AMOUR-EXIL. Corinne Galland - diatonic accordion and voice, Bertrand
Graz-violin, Annabelle Hes-¹cello, Bernard Rambaud-guitar and percussion .

                                             AMOUR-EXIL
 XVth century Sefarad songs , Mediterranean and central

                                           European music
     We came across these melodies by chance. A book found in an attic,written
in Dutch and containing scores and texts in Ladino, revealed to us this
unexpected treasure. Wonder struck, we decided to try out some of these songs,
adapting them to our instruments and our musical taste.
     The songs, originally from Andalusia, speak of  love  longing and exile.
The texts are in Ladino, an ancient Spanish spoken by Jews in XVth century
Spain.This dialect  later spread to North Africa and much of the Mediterranean
area and beyond, following the expulsion of the Jews by Queen Isabella in 1492.
Into exile they carried these melodies, lamenting the loss of  their beloved
Spain.
     The influence of other cultures, especially that of Arab music, is
apparent in these songs. One  recognizes certain melodic modes and rhythms and
a recitative style  widely used in north Africa.
     The repertoire of Amour-Exil  also includes music from central Europe,
which seem to answer, like an echo from the other side of the continent, to
these long lost melodies.
     The  soul and the heart are essentially alike everywhere. From one land to
another these melodies seem to provoke in one a profound sense of humanity. It
is this feeling that we wish to share with our audience.

Contact: haggai (at) wanadoo(dot)fr
Annabelle Hes
Gorze
71520  Saint Point