From: Judy Pinnolis <pinnolis (at) brandeis(dot)edu>
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 10:59 AM
Subject: Different CD--Composers of the Holocaust

Here's the bib record of a different CD.
Judy
*************************************
Terezin [sound recording] : the music 1941-1944 / [produced by
                  Alexander Goldscheider]
Imprint
                  London : Romantic Robot, p1991.
Description
                  2 sound discs : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
Note
                  Works composed in the Theresienstadt concentration
camp.
Note
                  Compact discs.
Note
                  Analog recordings; digitally remastered.
Note
                  Program and biographical notes in English, Czech,
and German
                  (27 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
Contents
                  Contents: v. 1. Chamber music. Sonata for piano /
Gideon
Klein
                  (Varda Nishri, piano) (11:02) -- Trio / Gideon Klein
(Czech String
                  Trio) (12:48) -- String quartet no. 3 / Viktor
Ullmann
(Martinu
                  Quartet) (12:57) -- Piano sonata no.6 / Viktor
Ullmann (Emil
                  Leichner, piano) (12:42) -- Tanec / Hans Krása
(Czech
String Trio)
                  (6:27) -- v. 2. Vocal works. Brundibár : children's
opera
in two acts
                  / Hans Krása (Fisyo Prague, Bambini di Praga ; Mario
Klemens,
                  Bohumil Kulínsky, conductors) (25:22) -- Songs.
Abendphantasie
                  (4:54) ; Immer inmitten (2:35) ; Drei jiddische
Lieder.
Berjoskele ;
                  Margarithelech ; A mejdel in die jarhen (10:55) ;
Little
cakewalk
                  (1:15) / Viktor Ullmann (Emilie Berendsen,
mezzo-soprano
; David
                  Bloch, piano) -- Four songs on Chinese verse.
Zaslech
jsem divoké
                  husy ; V bambusovém háji ; Daleko mesíc je domova ;
Probdená
                  noc / Pavel Haas (Karel Prusa, bass ; Jirí Pokorný,
piano) (12:35).
Subject
                  Theresienstadt (Concentration camp)
Subject
                  Music--Czech Republic--Terezín (Concentration camp)
Subject
                  Sonatas (Piano)
Subject
                  String trios.
Subject
                  String quartets.
Subject
                  Opera--Juvenile.
Subject
                  Songs (Medium voice) with piano.
Subject
                  Songs (Low voice) with piano.
Other Author
                  Krása, Hans, 1899-1944 Tanec. Sound recording. 1991.
Other Author
                  Klein, Gideon Trio, strings. Sound recording. 1991.
Other Author
                  Krása, Hans, 1899-1944 Brundibár. Sound recording.
1991.
Other Author
                  Klein, Gideon Sonata, piano. Sound recording. 1991.
Other Author
                  Haas, Pavel Písne na slova Cínské poesie. Sound
recording. 1991.
Other Author
                  Ullmann, Viktor Quartets, strings, no. 3, op. 43.
Sound
recording.
                  1991.
Other Author
                  Ullmann, Viktor Abendphantasie. Sound recording.
1991.
Other Author
                  Ullmann, Viktor Immer inmitten. Sound recording.
1991.
Other Author
                  Ullmann, Viktor Jiddische Lieder. Sound recording.
1991.
Other Author
                  Ullmann, Viktor Little cakewalk. Sound recording.
1991.
Other Author
                  Ullmann, Viktor Sonatas, piano, no. 6. Sound
recording.
1991.
Call Number
                  Creative Arts : ListenDesk MCD 1447
Publisher No.
                  RR1941 Romantic Robot

At 12:03 AM 9/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Fay
>
>Thanks for that information.  I don't know how I would have even
known
>about the CD without the list.  I hope that someday I can return the
>favor.
>
>In what capacity did you attend the conference?
>
>Bob

London
>>Conference on Jewish Music in June/July 2000. (Isabelle was at the
>>Conference).
>>
>>Downtown Music Productions
>>LE 342
>>LEONARDA
>>P O Box 1736 New York NY 10025-1559
>>Phone 212-666-7697
>>Fax 212-662-0210
>>
>>The details above come from the CD booklet liner notes
>>
>>Fay Singer
>>sarafay (at) mweb(dot)co(dot)za

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->