Re: Merlin's ax

This sounds like bragging but Merlin Shepherd once showed me his clarinet. It
is indeed an Albert C and a thing of great beauty. Keys shaped like drops of
mercury.

I've spent a while looking at the picture of Naftuli Brandwein and wondered
what instrument he's playing. It doesn't look like an Albert system - at
least not like the one Andy Statman uses in his video - because it doesn't
appear to have the loopy A button at the top. I'm very likely to be wrong
about that. Surely it's a B flat - but could it be Boehme?

Tom Payne