RE: tambourine

Lori, Australian band KLEZMANIA have a fair bit of tamborine on their CDs,
played by singer Freydi Mrocki. Their bass player David Krycer who I play
with most Sundays for chuppahs, often plays tamborine under his foot as he
maintains his most excellent double-bass-ing. Traditional or not it sounds
great to me! I would agree on the less is more theory however. cheers Ernie
ps traditional for which period of time, in which location?!

    Ernie Gruner   K A L E I D O S C O P E   M U S I C
erniegru (at) mira(dot)net
      Music Booking Agency ** Management for Jugularity & Klezmeritis **
Violinist&Fiddler
        Ph: 9386 7108  Fax: 9386 0228   2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058,
Australia
AUG 25th
FLIRTING MAZURKAS (Jazz, Gypsy, Latin). KATCOUTA RESTAURANT.400 Sydney Rd,
Brunswick
Jen Hawley (vocals, guitar), Ernie (fiddle,egg)  &  Phil Carroll
(accordion, flute)

AUGUST 26th YALLA! at Katcouta

KLEZMERITIS (Jewish, Gypsy, MiddleEastern)   Sept. 16 BOITE CD Launch
&   Sept. 3 MSF  Corner Hotel,  &  Sept. 10 Vic Arts Centre
  Debut CD AVAILABLE.... AT GIGS $25,  $27 in Oz. or $29 $US outside Oz
(includes postage)
 Review and Soundsnips :
http://www.klezmershack.com/bands/klezmeritis/first/klezmeritis.first.html
  Also available READINGS-CARLTON, Discurio-City, Golds-Balaclava
          JUGULARITY   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
              KATCOUTA BAR & RESTAURANT 400 SYDNEY RD, BRUNSWICK
               Come for a drink or try the gourmet North African cuisine!
Historic building.