mahler

A friend is studying Mahler and wonders about his connections to Jewish
music, given some musical overlaps. Do you have any suggestions? Did the
area in Moravia where he grew up have klezmer groups? ta Ernie

    Ernie Gruner   K A L E I D O S C O P E   M U S I C
erniegru (at) mira(dot)net
      Music Booking Agency ** Management for Jugularity & Klezmeritis **
Violinist&Fiddler
        Ph: 9386 7108  Fax: 9386 0228   2 Cole Crescent, East Coburg 3058,
Australia
AUG 25th
FLIRTING MAZURKAS (Jazz, Gypsy, Latin). KATCOUTA RESTAURANT.400 Sydney Rd,
Brunswick
Jen Hawley (vocals, guitar), Ernie (fiddle,egg)  &  Phil Carroll
(accordion, flute)

AUGUST 26th YALLA! at Katcouta

KLEZMERITIS (Jewish, Gypsy, MiddleEastern)   Sept. 16 BOITE CD Launch
&   Sept. 3 MSF  Corner Hotel,  &  Sept. 10 Vic Arts Centre
  Debut CD AVAILABLE.... AT GIGS $25,  $27 in Oz. or $29 $US outside Oz
(includes postage)
 Review and Soundsnips :
http://www.klezmershack.com/bands/klezmeritis/first/klezmeritis.first.html
  Also available READINGS-CARLTON, Discurio-City, Golds-Balaclava
          JUGULARITY   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~sci148k/
              KATCOUTA BAR & RESTAURANT 400 SYDNEY RD, BRUNSWICK
               Come for a drink or try the gourmet North African cuisine!
Historic building.