Re: [Fwd: The New York Mets Host Yoel Sharabi]

Lori:

Every year for the last three years, the NY Mets baseball team has sponsored an
"international week" out at Shea Stadium. I guess it is to celebrate the ethnic
diversity of the Borough of Queens, now the most ethnically diverse county in
America (the world?).

Last summer they held the first "Jewish night," a really fun event, I've been
told, by some of the folks who attended. I know this year they're also having
an Irish night and also a Hispanic night, but don't know the other groups for
the other nights.

And, yes, kosher food is available at Shea Stadium (and kosher hotdogs at
Yankee Stadium now, as well).

There's usually a concert of ethnic music after the game.

And if Mike Piazza hits a home run, everyone dances the tarantella.

Let's go Mets!

Eliott Kahn